Saturday, March 10, 2007

a Firefly Legend

One warm summer eve'
As Dusk politely took her leave,
I happened to tread a road that lies
Along a spring n' somethin'
caught ma' eyes.

I came to a halt to look around.
Look'd around and nothing found,
I started, having no time to sell,
Only to find myself bound by a spell.

Somewhere above the distant thicket
I saw a few stars in the sky fly!
Then I saw a star settle on a bouquet
n' Realized they are fireflies flyin' high.

A gathering of fireflies was soon summon'd.
In unison they twinkled and the place illumin'd.
They have a Firefly Legend, I reckon:
The stars are their ancestors, they beckon'd.

I was bound enchanted for weeks seven
By the glowing faeries' charm
n' The unworldly thought so warm:
The stars are the fireflies twinklin' in Heaven !

Raven
& Teddy Bear.

No comments: