Saturday, March 10, 2007

the Nymph

The sun was gently red when she hears -
A whisper? Felt like someone dear is in fears.
Nervous and anxious and amidst the noise,
She was soon assured by a little voice.

She walked into churchyard towards the tomb,
Where, in eternity, her mother slept.
The little voice came from inside her womb,
Yea - where, her baby, she kept.

She paced brisk strides into the coolin' meadow.
The sun was so low, it blurred her shadow.
Time still seemed so weird, for she was so anxious!
Did the baby in her womb become conscious?

"Aye mama, I did", the baby spoke with innocence.
"O! my babe! How words fail me this moment!",
Said the mother. A next few moments were silent in essence.
She realised her baby's voice had a tinge of lament!

Mama: Why do you grieve? Is it terrbile to be inside?
'Tis only a matter of days, you'll soon see this world.
Baby: Don't scare me mama, with words; its not cold!
'Tis from the world outside, that I wish to hide.

Mama: Deep in my heart, you, I crave to behold.
See you grow and be chased by dreams.
Baby: And let rot my innocence, that I dearly do hold?
See me grow and be chased by whose dreams?

Moulded by others' dreams under the name of culture
Letting life pass by; living like a chunk of flesh.
Hunted and haunted by Worms and Vultures
And at grave, lay down in blush.

Lemme stay here, mama, forever, please!
Let me stay unspoilt in your womb.
I'll come with you, too, to your tomb.
This be my wish until, to be, this world cease.

Raven
& Swarnamalya.

No comments: