Wednesday, May 23, 2007

untitled...

this piece, titled "untitled..." is written entirely by Deepak and is only published here by me.

The sun goes to bed,
After a day's long work,
Tired of lighting up the world.
The stones are still being hurled,
"Oh! wise man up the mountain,
Yes you, you with the halo,
Tell me, is it dark age or ice age?"
Oh dear, come with me,
I'll show you the way to America,
But the moles like it,
They prefer darkness to light.

Lying on the eiderdown,
On this cold winter night,
I gaze up into the star studded sky
Is it dew drops on my glasses?
Or tears blurring my vision?
Am I not understood well?
"Oh please, Come out of the hell!!"
Come out of the holes, my moles,
It ain't so comfortable down there, I know,
What's left with you,
Any dying spirit or burning desire?
How am I gonna know, even you don't!!!

There's a faint glow in the distance,
Beyond the snow-capped mountains,
Its time for another sunrise,
I didn't expect Him to be back this time.

Is boredom an addiction?
Can you ever get out of it?
Is being alive a contradiction?
Can you ever understand it?
Is freedom a faraway dream?
Can you ever taste it?
There is a higher level of existence.
Can you ever perceive it?
Blindness is contagious.
Will you ever be able to 'see' it?

Are thing gonna be the same?
Is there a glimmer of hope?
Soon I will get to know, when I see
The first rays of the rising sun.

--Me (Deepak)

Deepak and I were classmates for four years of his B.Tech. (mine extended for another 6 months!). This is just one piece that I happen to possess in my mails. I should mention here that Mallu and Amit were my classmates, too.

1 comment:

saint nothing! said...

ahh.. thanx for the honor ma friend! :D